Thursday 8 March 2012

Waiting for Bubba...


At this moment, over on the other side of the Atlantic pond, my great-niece is in labour with her first baby. When he decides the time is right, he will make an appearance. Bubba (nickname) will become my first great-great nephew and a first
great-great grandchild for my mother. How very exciting and at the same time aging for those of us on the higher end of the birthday scale. LOL. Oddly enough, I will probably never meet him, as I have never met my great-niece, his mother. Something about those waves that separate our lands, I think. But distance doesn't deter the special bond of family. My mother is the last of the elders in our family, so it is a little disconcerting to realise that we, sibblings, are the next elder generation.
I don't feel old. Maybe a little achy of body, but not old in mind. I won't be a great grandmother for many years to come yet, so I'll enjoy my newfound greatness with the birth of this little one. Good luck to mum and dad and the hopeful arrival of "Bubba" before midnight tonight. Perhaps the moon will draw him out. LOL.

No comments: