Saturday 3 December 2011

Christmas is coming


I can't believe that Christmas is only 3 weeks away. I have decorated my mantle with
poinsettias and candles. We aren't bothering with a tree this year. Mind you it only comes out of a box to sit as a table topper, but it just means more work putting it all away, just before moving. We are simplifying the holiday for the family, but not all the important parts for the grandchildren. We can't forget that this is a big day for them. My shopping is almost done, so I am thankful for small mercies. And in between, I am busy packing, and sorting and tossing and donating all those items that just sit in the cupboard or closet for years on end, never seeing the light of day. Someone else should find pleasure in them.

Tomorrow, there is a celebration of light in our city, and a parade of big rig trucks completely decorated in hundreds of lights. Hopefully we can get down to see
them this year. We missed it last year and read about it in our local newspaper.
Well, pretty soon, I will be packing up my computer and will be out of commission for a while until we are set up at the new house. So for all of you still shopping,
happy days ahead until Santa's big night.

No comments: