Tuesday 23 August 2011

Good bye Ole girl!


Now here is the original couch potato. It has sat in my living room for the past
35 years plus. But come September 7th, it will be picked up with my recycling and
out the door. I loved this set with its many pieces, and this is the last one left,
but it has to go. I can't stand looking at it any more. My husband asked me what were guests going to sit on now. I said, the floor or a kitchen chair, as I really don't care at this point. I just want this out of my sight. Look at it. In those days they made furniture to last. There isn't a wear or tear anywhere on it and the cushions are originals. It just won't wear out, but my patience has grown thread-bare, so good bye ole girl. R.I.P.

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

I agree that it is time to go, but it's a shame that they don't make things that last like that anymore! :0)