Thursday 19 May 2011

Lilacs in the Morning


I have been doggy-sitting the family dog this week, while the grand-kids are down in Disneyland. Nothing wrong with that, she is a good little dog. Except every morning this week she has woke me up at 6:30 am to go out. Ah come on dog! I guess I am past the mothering stage. I enjoy my sleep too much. So I thought, okay if you have me up this early, why not take my camera and grab some shots of the lilac
bush outside. The flowers are double what they were last year, so number one we picked the right spot for it, and number two it shows promises of what's to come in
future years.
This week has gone by so quickly. Two more days at Disneyland, and on Saturday they get to attend a family wedding. They are looking forward to it very much. The brides background is Chinese, so they are going to have a tea ceremony before the actual wedding, which should be very interesting. My daughter is looking forward to that. I don't know how formal it will be, or whether Shaina will adopt Chinese traditional clothes. I hope she does, as it will be an exciting cultural event for the grand-daughters. The bridal couple will return to their home near us after their wedding. I'm looking forward to the wedding pictures and of course, their Disney trip.

No comments: