Wednesday 9 March 2011

Mary, Mary...



Whoa, I have been away from my blog for a while. I got caught up in finishing a swap for this month and getting it mailed away in time. Meanwhile, I joined another swap, which is not so intensive as the last and although it is not due until the end of June, I have actually finished my prototype and have all the bits and pieces in a baggie ready to assemble. This time I am working on a nursery rhyme tag. I chose to do Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary, How does your garden grow. I love the front of this tag, as Mary does not look at all herself and indeed looks very contrary. LOL.
The back of this piece is a little lighter when we look at her garden. Each little shell is individual and cut out and pasted into the garden. The original shells in the image did not stand out, so I improvised with a bigger shell image.
I added some flower soft to the front under Mary's feet, and stamped the floral image
from SU's Just Believe set on the background paper. And that's about all I have been up to over the past couple of weeks.

No comments: