Saturday 12 February 2011

Once Upon a Time...


"There were four little rabbits and their names were: Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail and Peter. They lived with their mother, in a sand-bank, underneath the root of a very large fir tree".
And so this 4x6 inch tag was born, for a swap I am currently in. This is my verse to
create. Using digital images, hand stamping around the frame, a little bit of lace,
a crystal flower and pearls for buttons on Peter's coat my tag emerged from a thought to reality. But so much cutting, yikes. The frame is cut out in the center,
Peter is cut out, the fir branch and then the verse. What a lot of work. Then the
picture inside the den had to fit the frame and of course a second tag on the back to
sturdy up the creation and provide a place for more decoration and my name tag. It was a good idea at the time but when you think that I have to make 20 of them. What was I thinking? In all 20 different tags will be made up from the story of Peter Rabbit and we will eventually have a full story tag book each. I think after this
swap, I am going to have to go back to making some cards with new techniques. Back to table and cut,cut,cut.