Tuesday 31 August 2010

Christmas Tags


I have to make some Christmas cards for a swap coming up in October and I still haven't put my head in hand and given it a thought. But before I head into my craft room to see what ideas can spring up, I want to show you two tags that I did for another swap, named Twas the Night Before Christmas. Each participant in the group
chose one of the verses and had to design their card according to their verse. I
chose to do two tags for two different sets, although both of them are for the same poem. My first one is for Verse 3, which goes like this:
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar plums dance in their heads.
Ane mamma in her "kerchief" and I in my cap
Had just settled down for a long winter's nap.
and here is my tag for this
verse.

My next tag is verse 6 which goes like this:

With a little old driver so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.
More rapid than eagles, his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name.



Now these had to be made in vintage style, so I used shading, darker
colours. The sugar plums were different coloured crystals. The various
people are layered over each other, but I may try to lift them in 3-D to add dimension. On my second card I lifted Santa so he stands out from the card.
It doesn't show as well in the photo. The background for Santa was doubled embossed
with two different dies. One in a dot and one in a checkered detail.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

I love your tags, Norma. I think they are very creative, and like that you used those crystals for the sugar plums! "Twas the Night Before Christmas" is one of my most favorite Christmas stories!

XOXO,

Cyndi