Saturday 24 July 2010

Table toppers


Well, for the past few days I have been helping my husband with his woodwork project.
He cuts them from scratch, glues and clamps them and then passes them on to me to
stain and varnish them. I am not sure which job is the most labour intensive. It
takes quite some time between drying before I can reach out for them and start another phase of their transition to finished product. What is he making? Well, they are called table toppers. They look like a picture frame without glass and the sides have a slot in them so that a restaurant can slide their special treat cards inside them and display them on their tables. He has made over 100 in the past two
years and now has another order for 50. We are almost finished this lot, so it will be nice to take a break from them. (And get back to my own creations).

No comments: