Wednesday 21 April 2010

Artwork in miniature



These are a couple more ATC's that I have done for this current swap.
The left one's theme is a giraffe. I spotted this colourful version of its
coat and fell in love with it. I also came across the image of an African woman
with a stretched neck from the addition of brass rings as she grew. I was using
the comparison of the long neck between the giraffe and the woman.
The right ATC had a theme of Kimono. But I found this one a hard one to do, as I
couldn't come up with the perfect image of the outfit, so I chose to use the full
version of the Japanese lady in a kimono. The idea for this one was to make a shaped
card, so I improvised and used the entire photo which has to measure the size of an
ATC card of 2-1/2 by 3-1/2 inches. I used stickles to add some glitter and rosebuds
on her back sash, which I believe is called an obi. These are fun to do and really
try your imagination and creativity in a smaller art form.

No comments: