Sunday 22 June 2008

I'm Still Here!!

Sorry I haven't been online this week. So much is happening around me that time is
a figment of my imagination. It's whizzing by like a superman trip. It has been a
busy week for appointments of all kinds. We are in the middle of negotiations to have a new patio built. We discovered a flaw in a shifting floor on the upper level
of the house and have had a crew here looking at it. New beams have to be put in for
support, which means our walls have been opened, furniture sitting willy-nilly in any
space we can find and of course the eventual repainting of every surface touched. I
wasn't prepared for that this summer. But better to find the answers before we have
a tremor or something and the house falls down around us. Not nice. My daughter and I made a joke before we called in the contractors. We looked at each other and said, "quick, put in new grout and sell the house". Which is definitely not an option and we have a disclosure law here anyway. So please bear with me as we sort things out here and I'll be back in my craft room soon.

No comments: