Friday 18 April 2008

Over the Rainbow

The song from the Wizard of Oz is running through my head,
"If bluebirds fly over the rainbow, why oh why can't I?"
It has been a very emotional few days for me. I was aware that I might have to go into hospital for
a hernia repair, so underwent the necessary pre-op tests for it, only to be hit
between the eyes, that under no circumstance could it be done, until they discover
why I suddenly have a heart defibulation and my diabetes meds are not working. So
as a result I have to go on heart meds and work on the sugar levels with new meds.
You could have knocked me over with a feather. It was disappointing but also a rude
wake up call that the only control I have over my body, seems to be losing weight.
So I started my new food program today to correct some things. My doctor looks at me
and says, "Well, Norma, you seem to be following in your mother's footsteps". Well,
yippee do dah - but she is 86 and I have a long way to go to get there. I am not a happy camper. But I am not a fool either. I have my exercise ball, my food plan and
the determination to make this all work. The only thing is, you usually reward yourself when you are successful. I have a hernia operation to look forward to. Doesn't this strike you as bizare?

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

I know that you can do it too. Just think though...you can celebrate in a more enjoyable fashion...after the operation! It maybe a long road, but worth it in the end! :0)

Anonymous said...

You can do it, Sis! We all need a quick kick in the you know where it seems to get us motivated. Your reward will be shopping for those new clothes.

I know let's set up a sisters' challenge. Then the 3 of us can go shopping together.

I will email you with the details.

Love Jbug