Sunday 16 June 2013

Creating again.....

Happy Father's Day out there to all the dads, grandads, uncles, big brothers and all others who fill the spot of being the father image to the little ones.  Have a relaxing day enjoying family and the meaning of parenthood.
Well, I am involved in another swap.  This time it is in an ongoing swap that has now entered its 26th go-around.  Needless to say, a lot of friends have emerged from this fabulous group on SplitCoastStampers.
And the various themes within the groups are getting better with time, as is the quality of creativity and the time and effort put into every ATC card.  I have sixteen various themes to work with and so far I have six in their stages of completion with the majority just ready for the finishing touches.  Here is one that I have completed for the theme the Wizard of Oz.


The first image you have is the one of Dorothy and the yellow brick road, but that is not what I wanted to show on my card.  I decided to us the Tin man, Scarecrow, and the Lion as my feature characters, BUT I
also wanted to show the yellow brick road somehow.  This background was perfect.  In the story the Tin man wanted a heart, so he received a heart shaped clock that ticked like a beating heart.  The Scarecrow wanted to be smart.  What better visual than a diploma of graduation.  And the Lion so wanted to have courage so he was awarded the Medal of courage.  Each one has dimensional embellishment.  The heart clock is embossed with glossy accents, the Diploma has a blue sapphire and the Medal of Courage has gold Stickles glitter glue adorning it.  And that is only the beginning card that I will show you in the weeks to come.  Stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

ParkNSlide said...

Nicely done...it is fun to see how much we have grown as we've traveled along this PAT swap route. At first I was very intimidated but now on the progression to version 26, I have learned to grow with each new challenge and embrace themes and ideas I would never have even thought of before. So great to have you as one of my swapping buddies.