Sunday 1 May 2011

To be Published


Shown here is a photo of my sister's first novel, that is to be published this coming fall. Probably around October, 2011. It is in the final stages of being
prepared for printing, with editing changes, author photo and biography added and all the bits and pieces that go into the makings of a book. It has been a long journey for her, with many learning curves, umpteen re-writes, editors comments and
of course, the famous rejection letters. But finally this past Christmas she received a letter of interest and it has been excitement and more work to complete all the details. Never let anyone tell you that writing a book is a piece of cake.
You must have dedication and belief that you have a story worth putting on your shelf. She is in the process of writing the sequel to her first novel, so I wonder how long it will take for this one. I am quite anxious to read it too. When it comes out in the shops, I will update you at that time. A Christmas gift, perhaps?

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Congrats to your sister! That is very exciting. I am a hugh reader and now have a book blog. If she is looking for anyone to review it, I am willing. :0)