Saturday 7 May 2011

Altered Creation


Here is another Mother's Day card that I made today. Only this one has a funny story behind it. First of all it isn't my card to give my mother. While I was talking to my sister, she cried, "Oh no, I forgot to mail mum's card to her". If I
email it to you, do you think you can do something with the picture and make a card
with it? Well here it is. It was so pretty that I didn't want to do anything to take away from its beauty. I can imagine that the real card is a beauty with the filigree around the edge. So what I did was cut it out in the same state as I received it, and mount it on StampinUps Blushing Bride cardstock. Then I used a sparkle gel pen and just dotted all over the filigree. Too bad it didn't show up in
the upload to my blog. It adds just enough sparkle to make it as pretty as the original. And I had to add a little bling to it, which I did by adding
the little crystal butterfly in the top corner. Hopefully, you like it Sis. I'm quite sure mum will, when I visit her tomorrow. And by the way she did get our flowers, hand-delivered by the shop right to her room. She says they are beautiful.

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I wouldn't be able to cover up those pretty flowers either. Just beautiful!