Wednesday 6 April 2011

Hydrangea family


This is a card I did for a swap. Have you ever looked closely at a Hydrangea bush?
Each flower head is smothered in individual florets or flowers if you will, that could stand out on their own. But it was decided in natures world to combine the
total of many flowers into a family unit and become an extravagant vision to behold.
For this card I wanted to show that, so I did a multi-level cut and paste, ending in the top layer having individual blossoms accented with SU. crystal effects. The leaves are individually cut as well. All of it mounted on some German Scrap which is again mounted on SU stock paper. I added a crystal to one of the leaves to indicate a dew drop.
I have got away from a lot of stamping over the past year and enjoy piecing images together to make 3D dimensional cards. I find the layering a fun project. Lots of
cutting though and sometimes a pain, but the end result makes me happy.

No comments: