Thursday 9 December 2010


Oh, my goodness, there is a chill in the air and my fingers feel like frozen yogurt sticks. They are so cold that they have gone all pruney looking, or with a look that
I sat in the tub too long. Br-r-r-r-r. But we don't have snow!
I am in a swap called "Twas the Night before Christmas" and we have made the story
in tag form. But with one exception, all the tags were received for swapping out, except for one, which for some reason, the post office keeps sending it back to sender, and she is going mad. So we decided, that rather than wait and take the chance that we don't get our tags, (which make up the full story line)we would each
make our own missing piece to complete the set. So on a quick run back to the craft room, I came up with this to cover the verse
He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
A bundle of Toys he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler, just opening his pack.


I used a background paper that I actually found online and then an image of the man
himself, coming down the chimney. He is actually raised on dimensionals, making it look like he is actually arriving down the chimney. I didn't put a lot of embellishment on him, so I coloured the half pearls to match the background and then
smudged grey ink on the tops to simulate soot from the fireplace. I blackened the edges of the tag for the same effect.
I'm now working on an ATC swap for January and I will post those in a few days.
Are you ready for Christmas yet? I'm almost there, but have the two men in my life
to buy for and they are always double-thinkers in the "what to get" category.
Til next time.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Frozen yogurt stick fingers.... that made me laugh! But I know what you mean...cold here, too!

Your tag looks perfect, Norma. You do such a great job with them!

Merry Christmas!

XOXO,

Cyndi