Saturday 4 September 2010

Roo here....

My sister lives several hundred miles away from me, so she never got to see my
face after my surgery. So she began calling me Rocky (Stallone) because I have black eyes. So I said, "well I think Rocky only has one black eye and I have two".
So I sent her an email picture of me and she came back with, "OMG, I'm not going to
call you Rocky. I'm calling you "Roo" because you look like a kangaroo. Ha,ha".

I emailed back, "Roo!? I don't have long ears!" I have waited all my life for a nickname, which my sisters got from my father, but I never fit into any saying, so
I just kept my name and no nickname. And now she calls me "Roo". I think I will adopt it. It's short and it has a story behind it, but I still don't know why I look like a kangaroo. Can you explain it, Junebug?

No comments: