Sunday 12 September 2010

Fast and Easy


I came across a background paper, quite by accident, online. I loved it and thought,
"this would make such a pretty card all on its own". So I printed a copy of it to my photo program. It was the perfect size to make a 5x5 card, but I wanted something a little different than the regular fold card. So I measured out my card
size and cut the paper beside the center poinsettia. It was perfect, because it left
me with a strip that was I could attach to the unfolded right side of the card. I attached the front cover to my card which was folded at approximately 2/3 across and
the result was a folded card with a single panel to the right. So now when you open the card you actually have a piece of BP on the inside of the card. To add a little bit of creativity to the card, I had a filigree stick-on medallion that fit perfectly in the center of the main poinsettia. I also created a banner salutation,
and and glittered the card edge with some gold stickles. Simple, easy and quite presentable as my 2010 Christmas card. The base card is SU stock in River Rock. Such a versatile colour in their present inventory.
The only change I am going to make on the next card is to vintage the edges with some brown ink before I put my stickles on the edge.

No comments: