Sunday 12 September 2010

ER again

Well, dtr and I spent another evening sitting in the ER, after we called an ambulance for my mother. She had been lethargic for a couple of days, but today she
started tripping out, and saying and having conversations that made no sense. We
felt by the afternoon, that enough was enough, so we took her in to the hospital.
She is in overnight now while they run a bunch of tests and take a CT scan of her head, in case her fall a couple of weeks ago might be the cause of her confusion.
Her levels were all low at the time she went into hospital, but they have brought them all back in line again. But this time we have a doctor who sees beyond an old lady laying in a bed and he is taking things further. Love him for it. They will give her the once over and in the morning we can phone and see what is happening.
The care that she needs now, is quickly running over my energy level and my ability to give her what she needs. Plus dealing with an elderly person with dementia is not the easiest of tasks. But after four years, you have to let go, even tho she is
not going to like her future. Sad times and heartbreaking times for all.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Oh Norma, I am so sorry that your mom has had to go back to the hospital. I pray that everything will be okay. I also pray for you for the difficult decisions you have to face regarding the future care of your mom. I know that must truly be sad and heartbreaking, but you must do what is best both for your mother and yourself!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Tracy.H said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope they can figure out what is wrong and hopefully you can get some help with her care. :0)