Saturday, 12 June 2010

New technique

I went to a techniques workshop today with my favourite SU demonstrator, Alison. We actually made four cards, but one was my favourite and I want to show you the picture here. So this isn't my design but it is my card. We used copper on our card. First stamping the design on the copper, etching it with a stylus from the front, and then turning it over and using and Empressor stylus to pop it out and give
it a raised appearance on the front. Oh I forgot, before we did this, we used a
butane torch and heated the metal creating a change in the molecules of the metal and
creating colour and blue and purple irredescent areas on the metal. I then used
Dusty Durango and Soft suede for my card colours. I absolutely love the end result.
I'm thinking ahead to Christmas cards and what I could use this effect for.


Cyndi said...

That's very pretty and so unique. I'm sure you will come up with some great ideas for Christmas cards using that technique!



yui said...

I regularly visit your blog.
Keep on challenging!