Tuesday 29 June 2010

Lonely Rose


It appears I have been neglecting my blog again. Not intentionally, of course, because I have been keeping myself busy. I decided to tackle my Alaska vacation pictures and start my scrapbook for them. Plus I have been helping hubby with some
of his woodwork projects. Time just slips away so quickly. The grd-kids are out of
school for summer vacation. So we took them to the local dollar store and told them
to take a little cart each, and head down the craft aisle and pick up whatever they
would like. It didn't take them long to do it. The little one just kept packing
stuff in her basket, while I kept hearing the older one (10) say, Oh, no that is too
expensive! So when they came back down the aisle to me, I took the 10 year back and
said have another look and see if you want anything else. She chose two more $ items
and said she was happy. So I took them to the cash and they had spent a total of
forty-four dollars which was a happy buy, as I had set the max at fifty dollars. At
least they will have something to do besides reading and computer fun, with outdoor
activity while I have them a few days a week through the summer. I'll let them take
some pictures too for a little album they each bought. That should keep them busy for
a while. And that's what I have been up to for the last week or so. My picture is
one of a single rose that came out this summer in my daughters garden. I think it
needs some tender care to bring it to its full potential. Alas,she isn't a gardener.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Sounds like you had a great day with the grandkids! And I'm sure they are going to have loads of fun creating with the items they got. Having a very creative grandmother is a plus, too! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi