Friday 2 April 2010

Altered Memories


42 years ago on May 18th, we said our I Do's. At the time we could only afford to purchase black and white photos, with a scattering of colour ones. Colour was very expensive for an entire album, and it was beyond our budget at the time. But a year ago, we had a flood and one of the things we lost was our wedding album. So I decided to re-do the photos, which we managed to save, into a new wedding scrapbook.
It was scarey cutting into those photos but I am pleased I did it now. They look so
much better than those squared off, formal type pages. So for a few days, I am going to post some of the finished pages of our new book. I have also decided that
the few honeymoon photos will also join the album, and the birth of our daughter until today, with the completion of our grand-daughters. A complete book of our lives since that day in May.
The inspiration for the first page was the black doily. So I cut out all the unnecessary parts into a circle and mounted it on a stand, much like a snow globe.
Then I added my flowers and bling and some vellum I do's to the page. However, you
can't see those too well here.
I am having a cover made for the album and someone has kindly offered to use linen and lace to make it fancy but simple too. I am past having frilly lace and want a more sophisticated look. I hope you will enjoy viewing my pages.

No comments: