Wednesday 12 August 2009

Christmas Peace


I made my first Christmas card today. With postage being so high, I wanted to keep
the card simple, unadorned and still have some wow factor to it. I chose SU Baja Breeze cardstock and cool Whisper White as the contrast colour. Ran the matte through my cuttlebug folder, cut a patterned rectangle from my Nestibilities die.
I stamped it with an appropriate Christmas phrase. I also used some sparkle on the dots to give it a snowy effect. I love this little dove from
GinaK Designs, although StampinUp has one in their new catalogue this year as well.
I cut it out, coloured it and used a gelpen to add some sheen to it. My little snowflakes are pre-cut vinyl bought at a dollar store. It's different and I am not
sure yet, if this will be my Christmas card of choice. The hardest work is cutting
out the dove.

No comments: