Saturday, 29 August 2009

And the fires march on.

It appears that the evacuation of my sisters village could be days away. The fires
in the hills cannot be contained and even the firefighters have said they have no
control, that this is Mother Natures call. They have one more fireline to put up and
if that does not do the trick, then it will be a fight to keep the fires in the hills
and not down in the town itself. The fire is now visible from their windows and a wakeup call to those still in disbelief. My sisters are packed with the necessities,
and say that whatever happens can be replaced. They have what is most important to
them personally and that's all they can do. So we wait to see what will happen in the next few days. One sister will bunk in with us, while the other will go over to the Island to her daughters house. So we sit in limbo, wondering.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh honey, that's so scary! it sounds like your sisters are prepared. Please keep us posted. I'll be praying for your family.