Saturday 20 June 2009

What happened to this week?


I can't believe it has been a week since I last posted anything. It has been an
exceptionally busy week with appointments everywhere for myself, hubby, mother and
outings in general. Life has a funny way of skipping over time when you least expect it too. I have been crafting but not on cards or scrapbooking but in creating new ATC's for swaps. I'll post one of them tonight. The theme is a colour
challenge with a twist. My theme is Summer Time Picnic. For some reason Chicken Salad came to mind and I thought, Okay how can I translate that to a colour. Well,
most chickens are white are they not? And salad usually has a lot of greens. So
that became my colour choice. But how do you translate that to an image. I "twisted" the challenge with the word - chicken salad and here is my card to depict
my summer picnic and chicken salad. Everything is cut out individually and raised on
dimensionals. The background is stamped with a Gina K checkered stamp. I used Flower soft as well as cutouts for the salad bowl. See for yourself how it turned out.

No comments: