Thursday, 23 April 2009

Manhattan evolves


This card evolved after experimentation and ended with a card that I am quite
surprised worked and is usable. I first embossed the new SU Textured Impressions
Die - "Manhattan Flower" onto a single layer of Apricot Appeal. I sponged the
raised embossing with a light coating of Staz-on Brown. Then I used my brayer and
rolled on Pink Passion over the card. It darkened areas and left others with the
apricot layer visible. Then using a light coating of Old Olive, I sponged around
the flowers. The butterfly is a cutout from another paper which I raised one wing
on dimensionals. The finishing touches to the flowers was to add pink stickles for
sparkle and add little seed pearls in the flower centers. The salutation I did on Windows on white CS. Ran over it with the brayer
and added Old Olive sponging as well.

No comments: