Tuesday 27 November 2007

Memory Rose


I had the sad news of telling my mother that her only remaining
sister has passed away this morning. Mum is still grieving my
dad but her year has been horrendous. For us as well. Within
mine and my husband's family and friends we have lost six souls
since February. Three cancer losses, two heart and one kidney loss.
It is a hard lesson to those of us left to carry on. At this point,
after the initial condolences, people fall quiet and there is a
pregnant pause, as you are left wondering what to say. I'm caught
in the middle of it and it leaves me with one thought. By the grace
of God they suffered in the least, and for that I will always be grateful.

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Ila said...

I too Norma am so sorry to hear of your Aunt...and all the losses you and your family have suffered through this year...Take care..my thoughts and prayers are with you.