Saturday 8 September 2007

Wow! What a bummer.



I haven't given much thought to my online challenge shown here on my blog. My head and heart
have been elsewhere this week. We have received news that my lovely mother in law has been
diagnosed with stomach cancer and unfortunately it appears to have spread. It was an emotional
visit for her family today. In fact, a very exhausting one too. Perhaps
for me, because it was a dejavu that I went through with my dad and lost him this year. Under
similar circumstances too. I wonder what it is that ignites these cancer genes in families. We had
a large family of my aunts and uncles. Each and every one succumbed in the same fashion, numbering
at least 12 members and it can be traced back to both sides of grandmothers. It doesn't offer the most
comforting set of statistics, does it? But life hands you a set of cards and you have to work with what
has been dealt to you.

On another note, it is even more important than ever now, that anyone who wants to join in my challenge
to create a red and white card, could do so. I would love to present these cards to M-in-law. She is quite
the trooper and I admire her stance in facing her ordeal. Good night all. I am really ready for my bed
tonight.

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Hi Norma,

I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. It amazes me how this truely does run in some families. You really have to wonder why?

I missed your challenge post somewhere. Please send me your addy and I will get one off to you. Don't know when the deadline is though...as I am in Canada. But I will try my best! :0)