Saturday 22 February 2014

We got SNOW

Every one has been moaning about their unusual winter snowfalls and the disastrous effect it has had on their lives. And here we sit in this little protected pocket with sunshine, and cold weather but also the most unusual winter as well. Well today we can say we got some snow. The streets are wet and the snow is dropping from the trees and the cars that sit in the driveways. So by the end of day, I wouldn't doubt that most of it will disappear. This photo was taken from inside looking out at the back yard. The temperature is rising, leading to a meltdown. I'm happy that the roads are clear, as I have to go out soon. I'm sure the mountains have had an abundance of snow fall, so the skiers will be in their element. This is the first snowfall since the beginning of December. That first one lasted a week. This one is petering out within hours. I like my comfort - inside with a book and a cup of tea. Ewwwww. My husband just paged me on the phone. He's says the weather indicates that we may get 8 to 10 inches of snow by Monday. So make that a cosy blanket and a full pot of tea.

No comments: