Friday 11 January 2013

Poor mum

Well, after hearing a very satisfactory report from the Care Leaders at my mothers care home and feeling good for her, she has taken another fall.  Hopefully not too serious, but she bumped her head so they are watching her for any undue trauma.  She has a head like a rock and has taken some violent falls on her face that turned her fair complexion to shades of blue.  But one day her head will not like what she does to it and then we will have to deal with the events of that fall.  So I wait here for a phone call to say she is fine, or they want her checked out by the hospital.  She wouldn't go if she had her way, but that decision is no longer hers.  And we do what we can to make her comfortable through her convelescence once again.  For a 91 year old lady, she is still feisty and independent as her body will allow.  I marvel at her, but still wonder what comes next when the phone rings from her home.

2 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Poor lady, I hope she is doing better now.

You have a lovely blog. I'm a new follower and participant of 'Grow your Blog'. Have fun at the party!

Evalina, This and that...

CatieAn said...

Hi I am visiting your blog from the blog party. I am happy to get to know more about you and yours. I hope your mum is doing ever so much better.
catiean