Thursday 24 January 2013

Inchie Madness

Have you ever tried to create art on a 1 inch square?  Well I joined a swap on Splitcoast Stampers to make 100 of these little gems.   They can be as simple or as elaborate as you want them to be.  This one isn't finished yet, as I have to come up with a word description to add to it. Like 'african safari' or something
pertaining to my theme and vision.  I don't have to make 100 different ones, but I am limited to duplicating only 5 at a time.  So I must come up with 20 different ideas.  That's the hard part.
Matching your head to your creative ability.  With this one I found an online background with zebra stripes and flowers.  So I used my punch to cut out a paper flower, use a gel pen to decorate it and add a bit of sparkle, and then add a red crystal center to my flower.  It is mounted with a dimensional foam and the outside has been painted with a gold accent pen.  When I complete the 20 different pieces, I will take a collage photo and post it.  I have until April 1st to complete the swap.

1 comment:

ParkNSlide said...

Very dramatic & I love the B, W & R color combo. Fun inchie.